Ferla’s Family Cargo Bike With Dog Basket
Some family outings just aren’t the same without your trusty four-legged companion. We love providing parents and children reliable electric cargo bikes for longer trips through town and nature. Thanks to one of our most popular accessories.
The Ferla Cargo Bike’s signature front bucket serves both as a dog carrier and a human carrier. Families who purchase this green and healthy mode of transport make cycling with their dogs an everyday option. Built to travel long distances in any weather — our bikes are equipped for all sorts of family outings.
Manufacturing our entire bikes in-house, we deliver right to the home with no third parties involved. We hope by making our high quality bikes accessible to families, we can help make travel with pets green, healthy, safe, comfortable, and of course fun.
Key Features Of Our Ferla Family Cargo Bikes
Ferla’s line of cargo tricycles are built to accommodate the whole family, and that includes your canine. We have two acclaimed variations on our signature family cargo.
- The Ferla Family All-New Edition is our signature family cargo bike, featuring a front bucket load that’s ideal for your kids and pooch.
- The Ferla Family Royce Edition mirrors every positive feature of the All-New Edition, and adds the convenience of a sleek set of side doors.
Available in both electric, and non-electric variations — every model of Ferla Family Cargo Bikes features these premier components.
- Front and Rear Tektro Hydraulic Brakes (Best-In-Class)
- 2x Roll Cage Bars
- Rear Cargo Rack
- Heavy-Duty Puncture-Resistant Tires (Extra Wide)
- Three-Stage Paint
Every Ferla Family Cargo bicycle with a dog carrier in the form of its front bucket can carry up to 350lbs. This means that even riders transporting multiple pooches can still count on one of our rides. The spacious front bucket compartment features enviable dimensions — 88.5” x 33.4” x 43.3” — which will leave your furry friend room for comfort, friends, and stretching out.
Another distinct element of our Ferla Family Cargo Bikes is that the passenger compartment is in front of the person who is pedaling. This means you can keep an eye on your dog throughout your whole trip.
Thinking about taking a longer ride? Consider the benefits of Ferla’s electric trike options.
Ferla’s Ebike With A Dog Carrier
There are few transportation options as fun and valuable as an electric cargo bike for dog owners. Heading out for distant camping trips and hikes with the fresh air in your face, and emissions free boosts from your family bike’s battery is a dream. What better companion to add to that fantasy than your beloved pooch?
To learn more about Ferla’s E-Bike premium quality, check out the bonuses offered by its Electric Pedal-Assist Package:
- Full-Colored LED Display With USB Charging Port
- Built-In Throttle Package For 100% Electric Ride
- Fast Charging Time (Four Hours For Full Charge)
- 20 MPH Maximum Speed
- Up To 45 Miles Of Travel Distance Per Charge
- 350W High-Torque Hub Motor
Riding one of these charged family cargo bikes makes all the difference, and they’re well performing in even the most challenging weather conditions, and with the heaviest of loads. All of this focus on high-end components creates a quality riding experience, and it also helps ensure the most important thing — safety.
Safe Cycling With Your Dog
Focused on achieving beauty, grace, and rideability — Ferla’s team never places anything above safety. The trike design on our family cargo rides is thoughtfully curated to secure the rider and their passengers. To help gain some peace of mind about setting out on a ride with yourself, and your canine, check out these safeguards available with Ferla:
- The high walls of our Family Cargo Bike front buckets can protect against excited dogs who might get caught up in the adventure from jumping or falling out. For human riders, each cargo bike includes three-point harness seat belts.
- The build of the bikes make them accountable in all weather. Also, with the Fully Enclosed Sun & Rain Canopy, you can keep your passengers and pets dry or shaded on any day.
- If your dog is on the floor of our front bucket cargo compartments, they can rest in place on our comfortable, non-slip premium floor mat.
- The front bucket compartment is also fully enclosed, structurally keeping your dog’s paws, fur, and tail a safe distance from the trike’s wheels.
Accessories For Ferla’s Family Cargo Bikes With Dog Carriers
When outfitting your non-electric, or electric family cargo bike for your family and canine, be sure to check out all of the attractive options we have for making your rides more efficient.
There are many focuses one might have when shopping for bike accessories, and for dog owners in particular, cleanliness usually tops the list. These additions will help.
- Try out Ferla’s Water & Dust Proof Floor Mat to protect against all of your puppy’s messes. Whether they’re wet after a swim, dirty after playing in the woods, or slobbering — this high-end, and durable protector will take care of it.
- Ferla’s Satin Dust Cover is a light accessory that will keep your family cargo from gathering dust when not in use, that way it’s pristine everytime you and the family want to head out for a ride.
We also offer a number of Ferla Family Cargo Bike Accessories to help our riders enjoy cycling on any day, regardless of the weather. These are a couple of our favorites:
- Our Fully Enclosed Sun & Rain Canopy features two zip-down windows, a sturdy canvas top that will keep your pooches and passengers dry from any and all precipitation.
- The elegant Bimini Top is a yacht-inspired shade for sunny days, so you can treat your dog like true royalty.
FAQs For The Ferla Family Cargo Bike With Dog Carrier
Why should you ride a bike with your dog?
Bringing your pooch on a ride is fantastic and fun. Canines love the breeze that comes with gliding down streets, and cruising on the electric pedal-assist. It’s also convenient transportation for dog owners to use in their everyday lives.
Cars bring loads of anxiety and emissions — so this is another option for trips to the vet, friends houses, or anywhere you want to take your pup beyond walking distance.
How do you take your dog on a bicycle ride?
Help your furry friend grow accustomed to the Ferla Family Cargo Carrier, let it walk around, and find its comfortable spaces before you begin riding. You can start with shorter rides around the neighborhood, but they’re likely to love it off the bat.
Is it safe to bike with your dog?
On a Ferla Family Cargo Bike, cycling with your dog is absolutely safe. By utilizing premium components and thoughtful designs — our cargo bikes for dog lovers keep passengers both human and non safe for trips both short and long.
How do you keep your dog in a bike basket?
Keep your dog safe by training them to stay put when in the vehicle. To create positive associations with good behavior, be sure to bring plenty of treats along on every trip.